UKC

Recommend a crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skip 30 Nov 2012
In Cornwall, single pitches, between Severe and VS.
 Tom Last 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Skip:

Hi Mike.

Sorry didn't reply to your email. Will definitely be up for hooking up at Penhale, but gonna wait until Spring for evening climbing.

In answer to your question, pretty much everywhere mate. I know you've seen been to Sennen, Bosi, Cribba, Trewavas etc.

Some good single pitches at the top of Chair Ladder, Penberth is great at those grades, John Wayne (but it's not great), Aire Point, Land's End, Roche, Luxulyan, Bodmin Moor crags, culm.

Can you be any more specific?
OP Skip 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Southern Man:

Hi Tom,

Cheers for the reply. My regular partner is trying to up his leading grade. Due to mid winter lack of light we've decided on shortish single pitch. Non tidal is probably best, although not crucial as the tides are favourable tomorrow. Ideally should be able to abseil to retrieve gear just in case i can't second the route(s).

I may suggest Roche as it fits the bill. Will have a look at Penberth.

Cheers.
 Tom Last 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Skip:

Yeah Penberth's nice mate, very shory, but friendly and a sun trap! Good luck.
 Tom Last 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Southern Man:

That should read "very short" not shory.
 The Ivanator 30 Nov 2012
In reply to Skip: Hi Mike,
If the tides are right then Pen Olver on the Lizard is a lovely single pitch crag. I've only soloed a few of the Diffs/V Diffs there, but there are some good looking lines in the grades you've asked for.
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=3000
 The Ivanator 30 Nov 2012
In reply to The Ivanator: ...though the South Westerly aspect of Pen Olver is probably not the best to catch the available sun. Sure you'd enjoy it once Spring has sprung though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...