UKC

PSA: new Alpkit Filo jackets in stock and ready for Pre order

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ti_pin_man 03 Dec 2012
I'm pleased, have been waiting for them to come into stock and just ordered mine... New Alpkit Filo jackets in stock on the website and can be ordered. Enjoy.
 neuromancer 03 Dec 2012
In reply to ti_pin_man:

Buying gear new...

*shudder*
 Panick 03 Dec 2012
In reply to ti_pin_man: I had a serious wrestle with my wallet about this earlier. I know Alpkit make quality products but there are a good few similar jackets on the market for £120 ish

I suppose I used to think Alpkit made good gear a bit cheaper than everyone else, now they seem to sell good gear at about the same price.

Or are Alpkit's Filo better than I think?
 Taurig 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Panick:
> I know Alpkit make quality products but there are a good few similar jackets on the market for £120 ish
>

What jackets do you mean? I only ask as I wouldn't mind a down jacket myself, but there are a few design niggles that put me off the Filo. I didn't think there was anything else out there for the price, albeit a price that has gone up a fair bit.

Panick 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig:

Check the go outdoors website for
North face nuptse Jacket for £113
and some (good or not?) North ridge jackets for under £100

Rutland outdoors site has Rab microlight for £116

Theres some others too within £40 on different sites.

Dont get me wrong I like the Alpkit Jacket Im just not sure how it compares these days.
 Dribble223 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Panick:

The montane black ice has 50% in some stores £125 if you google it
 tnewmark 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Dribble223: can't see this deal anywhere when I google it, apart from F&T where it's sold out. Could you post a link if you get a chance?
OP ti_pin_man 04 Dec 2012
In reply to ti_pin_man: i agree its a shame their prices have gone up but I still think its a keen price. Interestingly on my invoice, its 100 quid for the jacket and splits out 20 quid for VAT. Perhaps thats the way it was before, dont know. I know that lots of prices have gone up recently, manufacturing costs and overheads continue to rise so the cost gets passed on, interesting time ahead. Wonder if some of the other down jackets currently available will similarly rise in price next year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...