UKC

Alpine Tour Pro Ice Axe - any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 03 Dec 2012
I'm after a T-rated axe for walking and easy climbing. I'm looking at getting the Climbing Technology Alpine Tour Pro ice axe. Are they any good? Any other options I should consider?

Taurig 03 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

A mate of mine got one as his first axe. I'd make the same comment about it as I would my CT crampons; not exactly refined, but will do the job perfectly well. I prefer my BD Raven but I'm probably just being a tart.
 kbow265 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I nearly got one, but in the end got an old style DMM cirque as it was going cheap, a bit heavier but feels nearly bombproof. You might find some deals about with the new style coming in.
OP mmmhumous 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

Thanks all. it was a toss up between the Cirque, and the Tour. Decided to go for the standard Alpine Tour, as it's on sale for £40 including delivery.
 TobyA 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I think that's the CT axe I reviewed for UKC along with the Nuptse crampons. Click on my profile and there's a link there somewhere.
 TobyA 04 Dec 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: Now I'm on a proper computer I can find the link for you http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3300 (scroll down to the axe). HTH.
OP mmmhumous 04 Dec 2012
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers, sounds like it'll do me just fine for the easy stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...