UKC

Grindelwald Campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alexcollins123 04 Dec 2012
Hello,

I'm looking at staying in Grindelwald with a small group next June and have my eye on one campsite in particular (however am flexible with it being so far in advanced), however they aren't replying to emails or picking up phones.

Is it unusual for Swiss campsites to ignore you during the winter? They open a few weeks before I plan to arrive, so I don't particularly want to leave it that late to organise it.

If its just this dodgy campsite (Camping Ruetti) then does anybody have any other suggestions for decent campsites around Grindelwald area?

Cheers
 mrchewy 04 Dec 2012
In reply to alexcollins123: I stayed at the one the call the North Face one last summer - was fine. Reception closed for a few hours in the arvo tho! There was plenty of space and good views, handy for the train thing too.
 Phil Carrotte 04 Dec 2012
In reply to alexcollins123:

It looks to me like Camping Ruetti is in Lauterbrunen.

A few years ago a group of us (6) stayed in Camping Gletscherdorf in Grindelwald. Although most of the site is filled with caravans there is plenty of space for groups in tents. I seem to remember there being decent shower block with washing machines and dryers, a ski room where you can dry kit and also another room with tables and chairs where you can cook and generally hang out if the weather's bad. It is about a five minute walk into the centre of town and probably 10-15 mins to the guides office and train station.

Hope this helps...

Phil

http://www.gletscherdorf.ch/ausgabe_e/index_e.html
 colenn 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Phil Carrotte: Phil is correct the Gletscherdorf is the best place to camp in Grindelwald with good facilities, close to town and fresh bread each morning. Brilliant situation too!
 markK6 04 Dec 2012

Thirded
I stayed there several years ago, great location and within easy reach of all facilities with a pleasant walk along the river into the village
 Nick_Scots 04 Dec 2012
I have stayed at NORDWAND campsite, Grindewald. Heated shower block, but a tad pricey but full view of the Eiger.

In Summer they don't have pitches marked out so you can come back at 6pm with your car and a tent or car is in your old parking spot next to your tent !

http://www.eigernordwand.ch/
 IPPurewater 04 Dec 2012
In reply to colenn: +1 for the Gletscherdorf.
 k.shark 05 Dec 2012
In reply to alexcollins123: Eiger norwand is a good campsite pretty freindly you can order fresh croissants for breakfast from booking office, after 8 year abscence i was back this year still has the most powerful showers in the alps (hands on helmets boys). It could do with a bit of updating tho still good .

Cool cheers, I'll try getting in touch with Eigernordwablablahblah.... (forgot its name).

Anybody stayed at the Ruetti one near Grinedelwald before though?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...