UKC

Max Clifford Arrested

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 winhill 06 Dec 2012
Oh noes, developed a begrudging respect for him attacking John Major plus he's another Charidee worker.

Although it seems doing work for charity is almost a qualification for getting Knacker round.
 Al Evans 06 Dec 2012
In reply to winhill: What was the slimy get arrested for?
 lost1977 06 Dec 2012
In reply to winhill:

sounds like they may have to start building a celebrity nonce wing at one of the prisons
 lost1977 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Al Evans:

he's been arrested as part of op yewtree, do i need to say more
 Dauphin 06 Dec 2012
In reply to winhill:

Imagine what sordid depravity he knows about. If he goes down I'm sure plenty more will go with him.

D
 owlart 06 Dec 2012
In reply to winhill: Makes you wonder though, how *do* you defend yourself against accusations of impropriety from so long ago? It's not going to be easy to say exactly where you were on a given day that long ago, or to show you didn't do it if your memory of exact events is a bit sketchy (I can't always remember what I did last week, let alone 20/30/40years ago).
 GrahamD 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Dauphin:
>
If he goes down ....

In a manner of speaking, that is
 ripper 06 Dec 2012
In reply to winhill: could it just be so he can be questioned under caution about people he's represented?
Wiley Coyote2 06 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:

The old dawn raid would be a bit heavy handed for a witness. You'd expect that to be an appointment job
Jimbo W 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Dauphin:

> Imagine what sordid depravity he knows about. If he goes down I'm sure plenty more will go with him.

Indeed, that could be really very messy, and for that reason it will probably never happen. Or perhaps he'll be found dead having committed suicide in a wood....
 ripper 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote: fair enough, hadn't realised it was the full battering rams at dawn...
 Tall Clare 06 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:
> (In reply to Wiley Coyote) fair enough, hadn't realised it was the full battering rams at dawn...

That sounds more like It's A Knockout... speaking of which, Stuart Hall was arrested yesterday.
 Puppythedog 06 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977: I believe that that means it is historical sexual offences, not necessarily towards children. I think it's worth considering that. No sexual offence is okay of course but there is a difference. The police made the comment that it was not in relation to Jimmy Saville. Also he's not been convicted yet so who knows what the truth is.

That said I can't satnd him because of his role and function in the world.
 lost1977 06 Dec 2012
In reply to puppythedog:

i never suggested it was children, the term nonce refers to any sexual offender and op yewtree goes beyond the sicko savile.
 Puppythedog 06 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977: Cool, I've never been sure about whether nonce was just pedophile oriented or all sexual crimes.
In reply to Jimbo W: Or perhaps he'll be found dead having committed suicide in a wood....

what are you trying to say?

Hat Dude 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to ripper)
> [...]
>
> Stuart Hall was arrested yesterday.

Wouldn't like to be the plod having to take down his statement; laconic isn't the first word that springs to mind!
 Steve John B 06 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:
> (In reply to Wiley Coyote) fair enough, hadn't realised it was the full battering rams at dawn...

I've never heard it called that before...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...