UKC

Ice Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rod_kirkpatrick 06 Dec 2012
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to photograph some ice climbing - I shoot for the national papers. Kinder Downfall was excellent last winter. Does anyone know if it, or anywhere, else has frozen yet? I'd be delighted to accompany anyone heading out on a climb - I'd be happy to give you some freebie pics. I'm in Derbyshire but happy to drive further afield. Please email me here: rod@fstoppress.com website: www.fstoppress.com phone: 01335 300098

Cheers

Rod
 Billhook 06 Dec 2012
In reply to rod_kirkpatrick:

"Go north"
 climber34neil 06 Dec 2012
In reply to rod_kirkpatrick: hi, very doubtfull for the downfall just yet but with low temps forecast for next week there is a reasonable chance of something in nick in the peak next weekend , am happy if you want to come out and join the fun, email and I will give you my number , cheers neil
In reply to rod_kirkpatrick: go to Iceland, Mum said there was some frozen water on the Chips she bought there!
 Andy Mountains 06 Dec 2012

A bit too early for ice climbing pics yet (even in Scotland)
Mixed winter climbing maybe, but not ice.
 cragtyke 06 Dec 2012
In reply to rod_kirkpatrick: Rod, were these your photos from February this year? http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=494322&v=1#x6760967 If I remember correctly I think conditions that weekend caught most people by suprise and only a few parties got on the downfall, me not included.
 a13x 06 Dec 2012

Nice pics last year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...