UKC

Brecon Beacons Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joyce 06 Dec 2012
Morning Campers,

Haven't seen anyone posting anything about that gorgeously ephemeral happening that is winter conditions in the Brecons. So, lets get this party started!

What's happening?

Love from,
Joyce,
XXXX
 maresia 06 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

I doubt anything yet! Fingers crossed for later this winter though.
 ezzpbee 07 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce: was on Corn Du Sunday evening in the freezing wind and snow, and the top of the peaks and ridges were covered with some ice about but nothing to climb
 tombeasley 07 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce: Good call Joyce, hope you are sharpening (blunting) your axes in preparation!
 stevez 07 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

There's certainly good snow cover on the tops at the moment, but it's going to thaw in the next 24 hours and then get cold again. I'd say towards the end of next week we could have some really great conditions.

Here's hoping!!
 MtnGeekUK 07 Dec 2012
In reply to stevez:

Out tomorrow, so will report back.

Looked like a thin dusting overnight, but thawed quite a bit during the day.
 tipsy 07 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

Keep an eye on www.southwaleswinter.blogspot.com I would suspect towards the end of next week if the forecasts are accurate some stuff might be in. I'm doing a reccee one evening next week so will report back.
 ERU 08 Dec 2012
I've noticed people talking about what's in on the Facebook page. A good resource as people update it live from their smart phones; sometimes with photos!
In reply to ERU:

You got a link to the facebook page?
 MtnGeekUK 08 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

CCG and on to Fan Fawr today.

Very little in the way of snow and ice - only on the very tops!
robmcgrath 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce: has everything gone now?
 Kyle Warlow 10 Dec 2012
In reply to robmcgrath:

Anybody know how the north face of Pen Y Fan is looking?
 ezzpbee 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce: wondering how the main torpantau falls are looking for ice and do I need to pull a sickie weds or thurs ?
 tipsy 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce: New post up, please take heed: http://southwaleswinter.blogspot.co.uk/
 Ander 12 Dec 2012
In reply to tipsy:
> (In reply to Joyce) New post up, please take heed: http://southwaleswinter.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for posting that. It's good advice we should all be following.
 Kyle Warlow 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

Been up Pen Y Fan for a look this morning. Not nearly enough snow to climb anything.
 Ollie B 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Joyce:

On the Rhigos last night, some frozen stuff, particularly on the top but actual routes not in condition in any way.

Maybe worth a look tonight. Not for me though

Ollie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...