UKC

urban climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leehawkins 09 Dec 2012
hi, ive been wanting to climb a feature on the wall at a local train station in south wales http://www.fotothing.com/photos/363/3635e38b20601eb5fd2e7f17a3275496.jpg

has anyone here ever done something like this and what was outcome
was there problems with police etc
 muppetfilter 09 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins: It would be a shame to either snap bits off or leave chalk/rubber marks on it. Arent there and structures with rough hewn masonry blocks to climb on that cant be possibly harmed ?
OP leehawkins 09 Dec 2012
In reply to muppetfilter: ive looked at it and it seems solid. i know what you mean about breaking pieces off and thats the last thing id want. ive been so curious weather it could be climbed. i havnt realy seen anywhere else unless someone here knows of any

Bobling 09 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

What on earth is it? It looks light it might be some sort of war memorial in which case I would not go near it with my stickies on...
 bouldery bits 09 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

Go for it,

Very unlikely the local law will be too worried!
Check the top out for broken glass and the like first.

BUT!
- do check if it's a memorial first though.
If not I'm sure there are lots of other places to builder.

cuppatea 09 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

Looks interesting! I wouldn't climb it if it was a memorial though.

Let us know if you find out what it is, and what grade
 MJ 09 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

i havnt realy seen anywhere else unless someone here knows of any

There's an old railway bridge in Trehafod that used to be popular.

Al Evans 10 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins: This looks like a great bouldering site, anybody done anything here?
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/
 jkarran 10 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins:

That looks like a memorial beside a busy road. Neither of those two things are good.

There's plenty of good urban climbing but you do need to be sensible about what you climb and when.
jk
OP leehawkins 12 Dec 2012
In reply to leehawkins: thanks guys its not a memorial but as such but its a feature of something to do with the old mines and rail rd. im living right next to trehafod will check out the bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...