UKC

New Ariege Guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My new Rockfax Ariege guidebook arrived today. However as it is a Christmas present I only managed a brief inspection before it was whisked away for wrapping.
What I saw looked really good, another great job from Chris Craggs and Anne & John Arran. As Chris says "the cat is out of the bag".
 1poundSOCKS 10 Dec 2012
In reply to Christheclimber: I got it last week and I've been checking it out over the weekend. Top quality guidebook, one of the best I've seen for a while, and an amazing looking area. Everything from bouldering, to 20 odd pitch mountain adventures, some great looking crack climbs and granite slabs, a bit more than I was expecting really.
 earlsdonwhu 10 Dec 2012
In reply to 1poundSOCKS: Just trying to work out best time for a visit..... its such a pain when even more great destinations become apparent. As mentioned already, the attraction of more than just single pitch limestone is attractive!
 1poundSOCKS 10 Dec 2012
In reply to earlsdonwhu: I've got the luxury of time from mid Feb onwards. Going to start in Tarragona, make my way into France and then eastwards, maybe ending in the Dolomites (or maybe when the money runs out). By the look of this guidebook though, I might not get that far!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 10 Dec 2012
In reply to all:

Thanks for the positive comments. The book was a pleasure to work on, it is a great area, and unusually for a RockFax, a very compact one, though with a huge variety to go at.

Chris
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Yes it looks a great area, I can't wait to get my hands on my guidebook at Christmas. There appears to be a good spread of grades and different types of of climbing , something for everyone.
 riff156 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Christheclimber: yep got mine too off there in May staying Base calames with Jon Stoelker who tells me he did some work on that section, the place does look great.
I'm impressed with the section on mountain walks great idea Chris and the info on cycling etc, all in all a great guide book cheers
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 11 Dec 2012
In reply to riff156:
> Off there in May staying Base calames with Jon Stoelker who tells me he did some work on that section, the place does look great.

Jon did a great job on the bulk of the Calamès section, and it was much appreciated!

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...