UKC

Blocfest - thoughts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Houghton 11 Dec 2012
What did people think of Blocfest on Saturday at the Castle? I thought the problems were excellent - a really good variety of styles and difficulty. The atmosphere was good as well, despite the massive number of people. I've not seen the results yet but my guess is that there will be a lot of bunching around the 210ish level because there was a considerable jump in difficulty for the last four problems.
 Jus 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Jim Houghton:

Perhaps I was just rushed, but I just about flashed 16 of the 25 problems and didn't get any of the others!
 Jus 11 Dec 2012

Brilliant event, although it was amazing that nobody landed on someone else's head!
shorts 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Jim Houghton: Results up on their website now. Bunching doesn't look too bad.
TAI 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Jim Houghton: I thought it was amazing! I didn't do too well though, hurt my wrist on the hand jam problem, which was on the roof section. but otherwise it was great I had a good time, results are up now as well.
 Elrond 11 Dec 2012

Really decent comp, enjoyed it a lot! Really good range of problems and especially liked some of the roof problems. Slightly frustrated by the number of slab problems, but thats just the walls at the castle I suppose. In all was such a good comp!
 mloskot 12 Dec 2012
Awesome comp, great blocs.

p.s. Just posted photos, if anyone interested http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=530882

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...