UKC

contributuions to "Snowdonia winter conditions"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pay Attention 11 Dec 2012
Snowdonia winter conditions is THE thread I read on UKC above all others.

Information on routes and conditions, when posted by people with up to date and appropriate information, is invaluable. Saves me a 6 hr drive.

It's a pity to see MVPs leaving the site.
 Dan Lane 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Pay attention:

Couldn't agree more.

Can we have Andy back please?
 Fiskavaig 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Pay attention: Just posted something on there for Andy, then spotted this thread.
 Misha 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Pay attention:
Paul, I agree.People get carried away debating the ethics of climbing stuff allegedly not in when they weren't even there... Fine but on another thread please!
 Simon Caldwell 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Misha:
Perhaps he's pissed off at all the people talking about excellent conditions when there weren't any...
In reply to Toreador: there were mate. I think half of this ranting about winter ethics is because people are dissappointed they havent made the best of the early conditions. As early as sunday the 2nd, clogwyn du was in perfect nick, there was ice, frozen turf and rime all of the way up of hidden gully.
Its been done to death but i really do believe al lot of this ranting and raving is originating from jealous climbers who havent managed to get on anything yet.
 Simon Caldwell 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
I'm quite certain that there were some excellent conditions if you chose the right place. I'm equally certain that some logbooks contain reports of conditions that are deluded at best.
 Banned User 77 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Double Knee Bar: I think everyone got a bit touchy over all that..

I also do doubt things were perfect on the 2nd.. no doubt in condition in places

But I also don't think the odd comment o conditions or questioning the ethics of a route on a certain day is a bad thing as it keeps it in peoples mind, also if people from the NT etc read such a thread they become aware that climbers do understand their responsibilities..

zero six 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Toreador:
> I'm quite certain that there were some excellent conditions if you chose the right place. I'm equally certain that some logbooks contain reports of conditions that are deluded at best.

I watched the teams climbing Blenderhead and Travesty on the 2nd and spoke to them after they topped out, the crag was in brilliant nick as DBknees says.
I know the guys who climbed Travesty on the 5th - the same day Andy Turner was on the crag trying a new route, again, good conditions.
I climbed Manx Wall on the 8th and it was in pretty full-on difficult winter nick, plastered, verglas, rime, neve, frozen turf.

Which routes in particular trouble you, and were you there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...