UKC

Snowdonia short walk recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kate8 11 Dec 2012
I'm staying in Betws-y-Coed over Christmas and would love to go on some short walks, but can only manage a mile or 2 at the moment because I recently sprained my foot.
Last year I did the walk around Cwm Idwal which was lovely, and I'm looking for some similarly beautiful walks - near crags would be good too.
Any recommendations?
 Banned User 77 11 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8:

Up the miners track from Pen Y Pass.. a very good track very well surfaced, almost a minor road.. great views..
 Denni 11 Dec 2012
In reply to IainRUK:

Agree with Ian. You could also go for a bimble along the path from Joe Browns in Capel towards Tryfan. A wee bit rough in places and admittedly not that exciting but if it is clear, you'll have some nice views.
 Mike Peacock 12 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8: If you're staying in Betws then the walk to Llyn y Parc via the Aberlyn Gorge is nice. Not mountainous, but it's is rather scenic.

Otherwise an ascent of Clogwyn Mawr from Capel gives pretty stunning views towards Snowdon for minimal effort.
 mr mills 12 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8:

Nice walk up to Aber Falls, proper path and some interesting archaeological features along the way, nice caffe in the village.

OP kate8 12 Dec 2012
In reply to mr mills:
Thanks guys, some great ideas which I will check out!
 SGD 12 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8: If your are in Betws then you could have a walk around Llyn Crafnant. Nice and Flat very pretty and you can if you feel upto it walk up onto the ridge for some light scrambling??
ruffydd 13 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8:

One of the most well known/best? has to be the "fishermans path" down to Aberglaslyn from Beddgelert. It's fairly well constructed now though there's still one interesting section if you're doddery or with small kids. Two miles max there and back.
 FrankBooth 14 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8:
Moel Siabod (up to the mines) is pretty undemanding (and pathed). Alternatively, Cwm Tryfan from the A5 (park near Gwern Gof Uchaf campsite) - a simple in-out but lovely and quite remote feeling.
 Banned User 77 14 Dec 2012
In reply to ruffydd: Fishermans is nice.. there is also a nice loop you can do up the hill that overlooks aberglaslyn.. strange cairn on top.. its just above the road, before the forest.. its marked on the maps that are down there..
OP kate8 15 Dec 2012
In reply to:
Thanks guys. I'm making notes...
AlunP 17 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8:

West on roman rd from Bwlch y Ddeufaen - northern carneddau
 Banned User 77 17 Dec 2012
In reply to kate8: Forgot about the obvious one.. Aber Falls..

Not too long a drive from Betws..

If its raining heavily it's stunning to see, probably 1 mile in 1 mile out, good track..

the falls up and from Betws, Swallow and Conwy and also worth a walk if the waters are high.. but the miners bridge can be uncrossable in high water..
 Mike Peacock 17 Dec 2012
In reply to IainRUK: Good point! I once caught it in winter after a lot of rain. Very impressive, spray everywhere:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikepeacock/2182429619/in/photostream/lightbox...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...