UKC

AK47 - lid gets in the way of helmet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 12 Dec 2012
Hi I tried on the AK47 with the floating lid and I found the lid position was quite in the way of a helmet when looking up, the problem appeared to be due to the rigid frame.

Has anyone else found this?

Or a way of fixing the issue? This was a problem with one of my rucksacks but it fixed it's self during use (I think the semi rigid frame bent a bit)

Regarding the version with the non floating lid is this any better?
 pebbles 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: what? you take an assault rifle climbing with you? Is this for enforcing crag etiquette?
 Matt Buchanan 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I found his as well mate - caused me to sell it. Shame because I really liked it otherwise.

Cheers,
Matt
 angry pirate 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:
My berghaus extrem alpine did exactly the same thing due to the aluminium backframe.
I ended up bending it away from my head to solve the problem.
 MG 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: Very occasionally I find this a problem. I have the back size that is on the small size for me which perhaps helps (the carry is still very good). I have had an AK47-X for several years. Initially I wasn't too impressed but I have grown to like it a lot. It appears to be indestructible too.
 A9 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

At the bottom of the route take the floating lid off and stuff it in yr now empty rucksack - Your 55l load hauler is now a 35l no frills climbing sac with nothing flapping about
OP CurlyStevo 12 Dec 2012
In reply to A9:
The problem isn't actually the lid, its the frame of the rucksack.
 Darkskys 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: this was what caused me to get the Pod Black Ice...it doesn't have any of these issues. Slightly different bag but indestructible!
OP CurlyStevo 12 Dec 2012
In reply to Darkskys:
Yeah they look nice, bit heavy un-stripped, considering I'd be likely using it that way mostly. Still I guess you probably get that back in comfort and durability.
 Darkskys 12 Dec 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: too right mate, I use mine all year round for backpacking and day walks too. Can't fault it one bit. I don't bother stripping it down in winter as it ticks all the right boxes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...