UKC

Malta for New year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sarae 12 Dec 2012
Anyone out in Malta at New Year?
Me and a chum are going to tickle the crags from 27 December for a week, if there are others out there, make yourself known!!
Also, does anyone have a guidebook before I splash out on lolly,
Cheers
 Al Evans 12 Dec 2012
In reply to sarae: Get in touch with these guys
http://www.climbmalta.com/
 Ian Bell 12 Dec 2012
I'm also going to be there with some friends, we got in contact with someone from that website so may try and meet them. If you fancy meeting for drinks / climbing whilst there then let me know.
OP sarae 13 Dec 2012
Thanks for the responses.
I will be in touch when we get our bearings, and hopefully pop by the climb malta crew.
Yuletide greetings,one and all.
 ElvisLeg 18 Dec 2012
In reply to sarae: Will be out in Malta too. Given postage and price of the guidebook I was planning to purchase one out there c. €28.50
 Simon Alden 18 Dec 2012
In reply to sarae: You can also contact us : www.maltaclimbingclub.com
 ElvisLeg 23 Dec 2012
In reply to coverdale: Hi - Have been on the website but can't see a 'Contact Us' tab.

I was mainly wanting to know what sort of rack I should bring and how easy it would be to get a hold of a guidebook.

Thanks.
 Simon Alden 23 Dec 2012
In reply to ElvisLeg: Hi there Ill have to make the contact details easier to find! You can climb both trad and sport here in Malta..usually about 12-15 quickdraws are more than enough more most routes. For trad the usually rack of nuts, hexes and a few cams would be useful..also some very thin slings for threading belays and a long piece of stiff wire with a little hook at the end has proved invaluable many times! Guidebooks are on sale locally - there's a shop called The Bowline in a town called Qormi which stockists, as do some of the bookshops in Valletta. Feel free to contact me when you're here
 Simon Alden 23 Dec 2012
In reply to ElvisLeg: Contact Us tab fixed
 ElvisLeg 25 Dec 2012
In reply to coverdale: 'Coverdale' you're most kind. Merry Christmas - see you in the sun!
myth 25 Dec 2012
In reply to sarae: rent a guide off climbmalta nice and easy. 5€. Contact them through the website or the guy above.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...