UKC

TdF 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ripper 14 Dec 2012
Some interesting comments from Wiggo about next year's Tour - seems he's a bit more ambitious than he was making out... should make things interesting in the Sky camp!

http://roadcyclinguk.com/news/racing-news/bradley-wiggins-chris-froome-team...
 JLS 14 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:

I can see a Hinault-Lemond style friendly in-team rivalry developing here. Always good for media copy and hence sponsors...
In reply to JLS:

I assume that the use of the word "friendly" to describe Bernard and Greg was tongue in cheek

It won't work - one of them will leave Sky by 2014 and I guess it'll be Froomey.
 Hephaestus 14 Dec 2012
In reply to ripper:

Correction:

> Some interesting comments from Wiggo about next year's Tour - seems he's a bit more [ambiguous] than he was making out... should make things interesting in the Sky camp!
>

Interesting speculation on whether this is just to put the other teams in more of a quandry about who to chase, who to leave and who the actual leader was after the really poor showing in the Olympics where Team Sky (oh, erm, sorry, Team GB) were just marked out of the race. Let's face it, the rest of the field were more concerned with GB not winning than anything else. Same could happen in TdF, so Wiggins' comments could have been calculated to combat that.
 JLS 14 Dec 2012
In reply to La Shamster:

>"It won't work"

July is a bit off. There are a lot of things that could crop up between then and now which could cause an obvious form differential. Getting just one of your best guys to the start line on best form is challenging enough. While they managed it last year, they'll need to make a fair amount of luck to do it again.

Will be fun if they do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...