UKC

Bouldering Mat Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ivanator 16 Dec 2012
I'm looking to get a bouldering mat. Something that strikes a reasonable compromise between portability and big comfy landing area, and is reasonably durable. Don't really want to spend much over £150, I've browsed a few old threads on the topic and noticed the DMM Highball gets pretty good feedback. I was also looking at the Metolius Boss Hog any opinions on this mat would be helpful.
If there are other mats I should be looking at please throw those into the mix too. Cheers, Ivan.
 Brett Ffitch 16 Dec 2012
In reply to The Ivanator: I really like my HighBall. Thick foam, still portable and a handy little extra mat to wipe tour feet on.
OP The Ivanator 16 Dec 2012
In reply to RockUp-Climbing: Thanks ...I am leaning towards the DMM, but keen to hear any opinions on the Metolius mat, or others.
Tony Simpson 16 Dec 2012
In reply to The Ivanator:
If I were you I'd do one of two things.

1. Look at spending a bit more and get either a snap or moon pad

2. Look at the new Alpkit stuff they look really good.
OP The Ivanator 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Tony Simpson: I've heard a few people say the moon foam is not the most durable, so that was off the radar initially. Alpkit Mujo does look good and @ £120 well within budget, now I'm torn between 3 choices.
 adstapleton 16 Dec 2012

Momentum make some nice, durable pads. Customisable too I understand...
 Fluvial 16 Dec 2012

As long as you get the recent moon matts they are fine however they went through an issue with supplier according to what he put on the bouldering forum
OP The Ivanator 17 Dec 2012
In reply to fozmeister: Good to know, thanks. Will also look at the Momentum mats to get the full picture.
 madmats 17 Dec 2012

Another vote for the DMM Highball, quality pad. Only downside is it's a hinged pad. Also great is the Moon warrior, as it's a taco design and I've heard the foam is now sourced in the UK and better than it was. It also folds so the underside (potentially wet, muddy side) is on the inside which the highball doesn't.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...