UKC

Climbers on Dorsal Arete (Monday)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 soularch 17 Dec 2012
2 Young climbers from Bristol on Dorsal Arete. Drop me a message and I'll send you a link to a couple of photos of you guys tackling the crux. Andy
andrew bain 17 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch: planning on trying scabbard chimney tommorow how are the conditions up there
 67hours 17 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch: Not me but I can guess who. Will let them know.
OP soularch 18 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew bain: Plenty of the white stuff, but its not properly frozen until about 900m up. Sugar-wet below. Teams did Twisting and Boomerang Gullies yesterday as well.
 simon_D 18 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew bain: On Sun I noticed the cornices are quite big on the West side of the corrie, but not many routes round that way...teams on crest route and NC gully I think, also not the most inspiring conditions for Scabbard which looked to be under a lot of wet sugary powder (and not-really-frozen conditions)!
 HarryB 18 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch:

They were my mates, I can pass it on to them if you want?

Raeburns is also in if anyone fancies it!
andrew bain 18 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch: cheers for imfo,we ended up doing twisting grooves. also teams on dorsal,twisting gully and scabbard.never seen latter finnish.
OP soularch 19 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew bain: Nice one. Has the snow firmed up at all?
 loz01 19 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch:

Yes, very good conditions. First time placements on routes that have had traffic. I expect it's all going to get buried with fresh snow though!
 loz01 19 Dec 2012
In reply to andrew bain:

Andrew, I got some pics of you guys on Twisting Grooves. I don't think they will be very good, but i'll mail them to you when I get a chance.
 steve_gibbs 23 Dec 2012
In reply to soularch: Hey Andy! Thanks for the photos. We've just returned from Scotland after a fantastic week! Cheers for the advice on Dorsal Arete! Steve.
OP soularch 24 Dec 2012
In reply to ukc_steve: Glad you guys had a good trip. Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...