UKC

Mountain training website

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 20 Dec 2012
Anyone registered on it? I have been directed there while trying to register for a couple of qualification schemes, but it seems to be really awkward to use and I'm not really sure what the point of it is? So I finally managed to find the section to register for courses, but couldn't get it to let me book any courses, so I have just gone straight to the course providers website and emailed them directly. Just seems much more complicated process than it was when I last did quals!
 Neil Pratt 20 Dec 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:

'Yes' to the being registered on it, and 'yes' to the feeling that it's massively (over)complicated to navigate around. It's fairly new, so perhaps it still needs to have some rough edges knocked off, but I haven't found it particularly easy to get info from it, and stuff like course bookings I've just done directly with the provider.
 sargy 20 Dec 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:

I've tried to register/login to start my Winter ML training and it's an awful site. Its very buggy and ultimately I've got nowhere with it :/
OP girlymonkey 20 Dec 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:
I'm pleased to hear that it's not just me being useless! Frustrating site!!
Lizzz 20 Dec 2012
In reply to girlymonkey:

I had the same problem trying to register for, and book courses on there, it wouldnt let me so I gave up... I'll eventually get around to emailing directly for what I want.
It's a nice idea I guess, but it needs a whole lot of work.
 bryn 02 Jan 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

Hi there!
We're always keen to hear feedback on how we are doing with our website and candidate management system (CMS). If you are experiencing difficulty with using it then please let us know the specifics so we can address them.

Since launching the new system we have had a huge amount of positive feedback and also lots of constructive feedback too which has helped fine-tuner things to make it more user friendly. We've also had 10,000 candidates register and use the system since the launch last summer, which we are really pleased about.

There are many rules set-up within the system which are in place for quality assurance purposes. For example you cannot send an enquiry for a course unless you are registered for that award (which is part of the pre-requisites).

If you are struggling to gain access then do please give us a call and we'll help sort it.

All the best,
Bryn Williams
Mountain Training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...