UKC

nuclear waste

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 26 Dec 2012
In reply to Andy Hay: It seems like a very reasonable proposal, relative to just leaving all our nuclear waste rotting in flasks on the cumbrian coast.

Eventually we're going to need to sort out a repository for HLW somewhere... and it's likely to be in a mountainous region due to the geological requirements. The lakes has the added factor of anestablished base of experience in all things nuclear nearby, which happens to be where most of the waste already is too.

Ultimately we have a responsibility to future generations to handle these dangerous materials responsibly.
Sarah G 26 Dec 2012
In reply to Andy Hay:
I thought Boulby potash mines were a contender? Happily, not far from Middlesborough.

Sxx
OP Andy Hay 26 Dec 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Never saw that post
OP Andy Hay 26 Dec 2012
In reply to KellyKettle: thought about the underground facility & there's a fault that runs through the county. No where near an expert but thought it could cause a problem?
 adstapleton 26 Dec 2012
In reply to Andy Hay:

Gotta put it somewhere. Personally I'd happily accept a ton of high level waste in a bunker at the end of my garden that I could extract some electricity and plenty of heat from for my domestic needs. The technology required is not revolutionary...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...