UKC

Recommend me a softshell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber34neil 27 Dec 2012
Hi can anyone recommend a softshell for winter/ice also at a reasonable price, I like the montane sabretooth if anyone had used one or would like to sell one ! Thanks
 jacobjlloyd 27 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil: patagonia ascentionist. Don't make it anymore, but its the business.
 Roberttaylor 27 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil

Buffalo big face shirt.
 KellyKettle 27 Dec 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor:
> In reply to climber34neil
>
> Buffalo big face shirt.

Seconded, Either the Big Face or the Special Six Shirt combined with the appropriate size of hood (or the expedition hood if you're going to be wearing a helmet a lot with it).
 Alex Slipchuk 27 Dec 2012
In reply to jacobjlloyd:
> (In reply to climber34neil) patagonia ascentionist. Don't make it anymore, but its the business.

+1
 Nic DW 28 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil:

As above, a Buffalo...

...Unless your warm blooded like me, and then a rab vapourise (occasionally with a cheap thin fleece pulled over the top if i'm feeling wimpish)...
 iksander 28 Dec 2012
In reply to The Big Man:
> (In reply to jacobjlloyd)
> [...]
>
> +1

+2

Thin, stretchy non-membrane, big hood is the way to go IMHO. ME Orbital or Rab Scimitar look like good bets
 IoanTataru 28 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil: You could also go with a windshirt like the Montane Lite-speed and layer fleece/merino underneath as needed. I have one and use it year round. You can't really climb with it though and not shred it to pieces.
 Katherine Ross 28 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil: I'm still in love with my Rab Baltoro Alpine over a year later. I do feel the wind through it a little, though. Not sure if this is common with other softshells or not, but Polartec claim the material is something like 99% wind proof.
 n-stacey 28 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil: Its a Gruffalo for me big boy!!!
 n-stacey 28 Dec 2012
In reply to climber34neil: What pants are you wearing at the mo?
 KellyKettle 28 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey:
> (In reply to climber34neil) What pants are you wearing at the mo?

Calm down, it's a public forum!
OP climber34neil 28 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey: you know me well enough to know the answer to that but I will show you if you like !
In reply to climber34neil: thanks for the ideas, plenty to look at and try now , cheers all
 n-stacey 28 Dec 2012
In reply to KellyKettle: Easy Kelly, I meant trousers!! Naughty.
In reply to n-stacey: they are sherpa softshell pants
 KellyKettle 29 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey:
> (In reply to KellyKettle) Easy Kelly, I meant trousers!! Naughty.

[mumbles something about americanisms] :p

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...