UKC

Sicily sport climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marky 30 Dec 2012
Looking for info from people who have been. We normally go to Kalymnos at Easter but have heard good things about Sicily. Is there s good spread of grades and where's the best places to stay and eat and would the weather be ok at Easter?
 Jackwd 30 Dec 2012
In reply to marky: Haven't been but looked into it... http://www.campinglapineta.it
 Simon Alden 30 Dec 2012
In reply to marky: Hi I've been to the San Vito lo Capo area which is the western tip of Sicily and can recommend it highly. There's hundreds of bolted routes on good quality rock of all grades including multi-pitch at various crags, all within sight of the sea. Weather at Easter time should be warmish and mild, probably 15-20degrees. Palermo is also supposed to be very good but I've never been there myself.
 jimtitt 30 Dec 2012
In reply to marky:

The grade breakdown is here http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=8671 and there are about another 50 routes not included in either of the guides.
The best place to stay is at El Bahira campsite as it is right in the middle of the main cliff, either camp or hire a bungalow/mobile home. The bar/restaurant and shop should be open then but there are restaurants in the town as well naturally enough.
The weather is good at Easter, in the mid/high 20´s probably. I´ve been there for 7 Easters and a fair few times in the rest of the year, 16 times altogether I think.
We´ll be there again this year bolting something new no doubt!
 Simon Alden 30 Dec 2012
In reply to jimtitt: Sorry about the hijack...but Jim when can I expect my bolt order please
 wheelo 30 Dec 2012
In reply to marky: we flew to trapani with ryanair before it all kicked off in libya and rented a villa about an hours drive away where there is a nature reserve and bonellis eagles near castellmare del golfo. There is some great climbing go for it
 jimtitt 30 Dec 2012
In reply to coverdale:
Making them tomorrow but have to wait for a delivery of metal to finish them all, the stockholders are on holiday for 2 weeks, I´ll see how many I can get from what I have. Probably 60 or so.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...