UKC

Moon (the film)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepsoup 30 Dec 2012
"Moon" is a really good film - a quite understated sci-fi thriller made in 2009, much more intelligent than your average sci-fi movie.

I thought I'd mention this now, because I just noticed its on the telly tonight (Sun 30th) BBC2, 10pm. So no adverts, lovely. :O)
 The Pylon King 30 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

thanks, i will watch that.
 climbingpixie 30 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

Good shout, it's an excellent film and one that I'd never heard of until a friend lent us the DVD.
Removed User 30 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

Each to their own I suppose. It didn't really do it for me, can't quite remember why.
 Jus 30 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

thanks for the heads up. Blade Runner is on afterwards as well.
 Padraig 30 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Userdeepsoup)
>
> Each to their own I suppose. It didn't really do it for me, can't quite remember why.

I only watched it as I'm a big Sam Rockwell fan & altho I "got it" it didn't impress me at all.
 peter-l 31 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

I really enjoyed it....it seemed like a return to good old fashioned science fiction films.....minimal special effects,but a good story.
 kevin stephens 31 Dec 2012
In reply to peter-l: Great film, particularly poignant for those who spend long durations working away from home
 The Pylon King 31 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup:

I missed the start so took me a while to work out what was going on but thought it was really good. I like this type of SF. thanks.
 mark s 31 Dec 2012
In reply to deepsoup: i watched it and really enjoyed it.never heard of it before
OP deepsoup 31 Dec 2012
In reply to Padraig:
> it didn't impress me at all.

Ah well, each to their own. I'm glad some other folk liked it, I'd have felt like a bit of a nob if nobody did. ;O)

I missed it. D'Oh! Ended up helping a mate with a minor domestic crisis instead. Recorded it though, so I'll find out later if I still like it as much as I did in the cinema..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...