UKC

Rollers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 n-stacey 30 Dec 2012
I'm thinking or purchasing a set of rollers, what makes a good or a poor set ?
 ankyo 30 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey: I find the heated ones are great. ( sorry that's not at all helpful but I couldn't resist. I have got a Turbo though and I love it)
 JLS 30 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey:

What are you going to use them for? I just bought the £130 Tacx (cheapest) ones because I'm only using them for gentle warm-up and warm-downs at the track. They are fine for that though would be a pain if I needed to collapse them to transport them as that requires an Allen key. If you are hoping to train on them then a turbo would be better. Sure, you can get ones with resistance but for big efforts you really do want to be sure you are not going to end up flying through the patio doors. Hinged aluminium ones are best but are pricey.
 mikehike 30 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey:
I would get the good old basic type.
or something like these

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/tacx-antares-rollers-t1000...

I managed to sell mine for the purchase price 5 year ago after owning them for a year of little use.
 alisonk 31 Dec 2012
In reply to n-stacey: I've got both rollers and a turbos and much prefer the rollers when I'm doing an 1hour steady as they improve my core stability, and technique and are less boring than the turbo (trying to stay upright). However if I'm doing a targeted session then I find the turbo easier as a I can concentrate on my cadence rather than balance. In ans to the original questions I've got the elite emotion rollers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...