UKC

Insurance question again- sorry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 31 Dec 2012
Going winter climbing for 2-3 weekends in Scotland, plus do a lot of walking in the lakes, and got a week in the Atlas Mountains and 2 weeks in the alps in the summer.

Used to have bupa insurance until it ran out!

Looked on previous posts, and the AAC membership is tempting but does not cover for cancellation/delays etc....

BMC is too expensive?? And I am left with snowcard I think??

Any thoughts?

Thanks
 cat88 31 Dec 2012
In reply to aujayeb: snowcard, dogtag, cambell irvine, world nomads - ive used all of these
 sarahjk 31 Dec 2012
In reply to aujayeb:

I am looking at similar trips, hadnt thought much beyond BMC so keen to look at other options.
 GridNorth 31 Dec 2012
In reply to aujayeb: AAC and separate travel insurance taken out annually is still the cheapest option.
 radson 01 Jan 2013
In reply to aujayeb:

Hey Avi. I always see membership to the Austrian Alpine Club as an option. Have you had a look? or was that what you were referring to. I always think of the AAC as the american one.

As for myself, I am basically using 2 insurances now. Global Rescue for on the mountain and Normal Travel insurance to get the hill and back.

Happy New years mate
 HeMa 01 Jan 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Ding, ding...

Good continuous travel insurance, OeAV membership and EHIC is usually the way to go. Should be available for a bit over 100 quids per year.
Moggsy 01 Jan 2013
In reply to HeMa: AAC, all day
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 01 Jan 2013
In reply to radson:

Hey brad, the AAC I mean is the Austrian alpine club. It was funny that at base camp on Spantik, we realised my bupa ihi insurance was invalid!!

Happy new year to you too, and will email you soon

Avi
 LucaC 01 Jan 2013
In reply to aujayeb: First hand experience with BMC. Highly recommended. Worth every penny in my opinion and wouldn't even consider anyone else.
 Nigel Modern 01 Jan 2013
In reply to aujayeb: AAC + travel/medical insurance with your bank account? We have an arrangement offered by Co-Op bank
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Nigel Modern:

Good idea. I will ask

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...