UKC

Lake district shops with widest selection of B3 boots ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Confused Chimp 01 Jan 2013
Looking to get my first pair of B3 boots, just looking for suggestions and recommendations on which shops have the widest range?
Many thanks
CC
In reply to Confused Chimp: Just tour round the Ambleside or Keswick shops and you'll probably have the best choice in the country between them all.
In reply to Confused Chimp: probably needlesports in Keswick
 apd 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Confused Chimp: Adventure Peaks have a load of used B3 boots in the basement, some pretty good deals as well.
 Pritchard 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Confused Chimp:

Adventure Peaks in Ambleside has often got stuff other shops dont stock outside the two or three main boots most sell so it worth a look.

Lakes climber/runner and Climbing shop both also in Ambleside have good ranges and are worth a look. These three shops alone will probably have most boots you will find.

Needle sports in Keswick is definately worth a look especially if your after other climbing bits, but otherwise probably won't sell anything that isn't in Ambleside. If you do visit Keswick George Fisher is worth a look for thoroughness and Cotswolds (there is also one in Ambleside in the Garden Centre newly opened if you want to visit them).

Happy shopping.

Craig.
 HardenClimber 01 Jan 2013
In reply to Confused Chimp:
Some shops (eg Fishers) don't list all their boots on the website - give the shops a ring before you go(with expensive boots shops don't keep much stock).
Some shops don't seem to stock the half sizes in La Sportiva, presumably to keep costs down, which is poor.
Leave lots of time (and Keswick & Ambleside aren't that far apart). Don't rush it - know what socks you will wear. If you get it wrong they are too expensive to 'write off' but will ruin your days.
Thank you all for your input, that was really helpful.
CC
redsonja 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Confused Chimp: needlesports in keswick is probably the best. the climbers shop in ambleside has a good range but their staff dont seem so knowledgeable as needlesports
 Milesy 03 Jan 2013
The boots which fittest me best was Millet Alpinist which I got from Adventure Peaks in Ambleside.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...