UKC

re-wiring cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichardP 02 Jan 2013
Hi Guys,
I've been going thru my rack and I need some units rewiring
the cams in question are made by different companies
Camalot, WC and HB

does anyone know where I can get different makes re-wire or how I can buy a kit to do it myself?

In reply to Richard Phelan: You can buy aftermarket rewiring kits for camalots and WC cams not sure about others but you can probably get most of the things you need from a good hardware store for a lot cheaper than the kits. What ever you do - do not send them off to get them done as they may condemn them for you and won't send them back!
 jkarran 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Richard Phelan:

Check with the companies that made them whether they'll rewire and re-sling them. You'll need the serial/batch numbers off them to confirm their age.

You'll be doing the HB ones yourself though. It's pretty easy to do and there are as many different approaches as there are people repairing their own cams. Personally I prefer thin stainless TIG welding wire because it works, it's easy and I have it available. Heavy weight fishing line would be just as easy and lots of people swear by light strimmer cord.

Having the kit available I've done one properly (replaced like for like) with thin flexi stainless wire crimped to solid but it wasn't worth the effort.

jk
 jonnie3430 02 Jan 2013
In reply to jkarran:

I use a hair bobble when it finally goes, then find that the fix lasts and I don't need to change it. You can match the bobbles to the colour of the cam (or mix purple and blue like me!)
 scott titt 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Richard Phelan:
I can sell you wire and crimps. YHM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...