UKC

pull ups v fingerboard PU

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dale1968 03 Jan 2013
doing it on the jugs wondered what it equated to in reverse grip pull up? as that's what I supposed to be doing, it's obviously harder, wondered how much harder?
and do I make any sense?!
as646 03 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968: What exactly constitutes a "reverse grip pull up"? In a pull-up, your hands are pronated (ie facing away from you), whilst in a chin-up, your hands are supinated (facing towards you). Chin-ups are generally easier than pull-ups due to the additional bicep activition involved in the movement.

I don't really follow what you're asking beyond that though, sorry.
OP dale1968 03 Jan 2013
In reply to as646: difference between your max chin ups on a FB and max on a bar, either chin up or pull up....
as646 03 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968: Ah, right. That depends on what kind of hold you're using. A bar would probably be marginally easier, but I wouldn't imagine there would be a while lot of difference in the actual amount. Maybe one or two at the most? It depends on the quality of the holds though.
andic 03 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Also (although you dont seem to be doing this) there is little point trying to train finger strength and pull-up strength in the same movement a lot of people are tempted by the two finger pocket pull-up, but its better to train for strength at maximum weight rather than some compromise between your dynamic contact strength and trying to tire your large back and arm muscle groups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...