UKC

Interesting stuffs, safety opinions wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
spookytom 03 Jan 2013

So my project this year is a safety orientated one and is relevant to us lot, particularly those who are the most extreme:

below is a survey which would be lovely if you could complete

http://dotsurvey.me/d81lji87-dfb956f

Also if you have any constructive feedback or ideas that would be cool please email me on tweoistom (at) hotmail.com

Thanks
 peas65 03 Jan 2013
In reply to spookytom:

Just had a go,

You dont specify in the safety kit whether you want the price range of 1 item or all kit you own, also prices obviously vary depending on what kit. Price categories are very low.

Also is your product different from sam splint? It seems to sound like it does the same kind of thing.

Good luck
 jimtitt 03 Jan 2013
In reply to spookytom:

You´ve a problem, all the climbing gear a climber carries (ropes, harness, nuts, quickdraws, cams etc) is personal safety gear and legally defined as such (PPE) so virtually everybody is carrying many, many hundreds of pounds of safety gear.
If you mean emergency medical equipment then I carry about a tenners worth like everyone I know.
 Oceanrower 03 Jan 2013
In reply to jimtitt:
> (In reply to spookytom)
>
> You´ve a problem, all the climbing gear a climber carries (ropes, harness, nuts, quickdraws, cams etc) is personal safety gear and legally defined as such (PPE) so virtually everybody is carrying many, many hundreds of pounds of safety gear.
> If you mean emergency medical equipment then I carry about a tenners worth like everyone I know.

I realise that this is far more your area than mine, but are you sure about that?

I always understood that, legally, PPE only applied in a working environment.

Hence, arborialists harnesses (and for example, my workboots) are exempt from VAT but my climbing harness isn't.

http://www.panhorus.com/ppe.htm

jimtitt 03 Jan 2013
In reply to Oceanrower:
Most climbing gear must conform to directive 89/686/EEC on Personal Protective Equipment for sale in Europe. You can USE anything you like or even nothing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...