UKC

Lake District wedding venues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 05 Jan 2013
Looking for a venue (non church) in Lake District. Approx 70 guests for a mid- late afternoon wedding in June 2014 followed by drinks and then an early evening buffet style wedding breakfast (not sausage rolls and vol a vaunts!!!). Nothing ridiculously expensive. Suggestions please.
 Yanis Nayu 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson: Coppermines?
 annieman 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson: I'll put my tin hat on before I write this but some of the HF houses are licenced for weddings and their settings are wonderful. Probably gonna cost a bit though. They have LD houses at Derwentw*ter and Coniston.

Keeping Tin hat nearby.

Good luck.
 Ridge 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

No vol au vents??!
 Phil1919 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson: We used Heaves Hotel which is just off the dual carraigeway as you approach kendal. For that size of party they will give you sole use of a nicely run down old house, which is very accessible and very good value. The food and service are good. It is run by a famliy. The rooms, whilst nor ultra modern are full of character. It may not be your cup of tea, but it might just be spot on.
 london_huddy 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Leeming House on Ullswater is stunning but pricy: should be ok for 70.

Best Lakes wedding I've seen was vows on the Ullswater steamer before dinner and ceilidh at a decked out Village Hall!

Good luck (and if you need a photographer... andyhphotos.com)
 Carolyn 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Ridge:

Well, they'll be safe with West Cumbrian sandwiches and chips, eh?

Winder Hall, Lorton - might be pricey, and no idea how many they can cater for.
 plyometrics 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

We got married at windermere motorboat club. Its a stunning venue and chris and kingsley who run the show there are great. We didn't hold our reception there, but we organised finger food after the ceremony which was superb.

Paul F 05 Jan 2013
 Dave Heaton 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:
Langdale Chase. Looks fancy but not as expensive as it looks. Amazing views over to the Pikes.
 wilkie14c 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:
I'm getting wed at the Lodore Falls in Borrowdale this year. Probably doesn't suit your requirements though <70 odd guests = £££> but we are having a very low key midweek thing. Beautiful place though
 Brass Nipples 06 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

The country hotel between Windermere and Anbleside is a licensed for wedding.

http://www.lakedistrictcountryhotels.co.uk/merewood-hotel

OP Andy Hudson 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Paul F:
> (In reply to Andy Hudson)
>
> Inn on the Lake, Patterdale ?
>
> http://www.lakedistricthotels.net/innonthelake/weddings/weddings_index.php

A possibility thanks, will investigate

Ridge 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I've booked the Knights of St. Columba Hall at Cleator Moor on your behalf. A free punch up with the Orange Lodge down the road is included.
molly2202 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Dude,
I got Married Xmas of 2011 at Armathwaite Hall. Great venue, but as it's North Basenthwaite, not as pricey as some other venues of this calibre...

Easy to get to, not far from Keswick, amazing views and food..... all round great venue!

Good luck!
Rigid Raider 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:

We got married at The Samling at Dovenest, which was superb. Probably not cheap though; we took the whole place over for one night and the following day and they do have a nice big barn for your hoolie.
 EeeByGum 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson: What a cop out. You can't ask for suggestions! You have to go trawling around each and every one of them. If you are still together by the time you get married, you have a fighting chance.

Good luck!
 goosebump 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Andy Hudson:
A few years ago I attended a lovely wedding at Knipe Hall, which has a party barn. I cant remember if it would be big enough for 70 (seems doubtful), but it plus a marquee in the grounds would be stunning, and youd have room for 12 people to kip over. And when we went, the owners didnt care a fig that a bunch of tight arsed climbers slept in vans on the driveway
http://www.knipehall.co.uk/wedding.html#nogo. Tremendous lovely venue.
Good luck!
nedmoran 08 Jan 2013
In reply to blanchie14c: My wifes brother got married at the Lodore a few years ago. It was a really nice venue and we all went on a boat cruise before the night time do. The bed rooms looking over the lake were nice too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...