UKC

New Zealand Mountaineering courses - opinions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 russtyg 05 Jan 2013
Hi all,

Any thoughts or comments regarding Mountaineering courses on South Island, NZ?

Companies, locations, places to stay etc.

We know all about the changeable weather; we are just interested in hearing feedback or ideas from those with experience of this part of the world.

Many thanks and Happy NY to you all,

Russ
 Mark Haward 05 Jan 2013
In reply to russtyg:
Mt Cook Village. Lots of guides available, its has been 20 years since I climbed there so for up to date info check out and contact the NZAlpine Club and I also recommend the Canterbury Alpine Club. Both have regular meets, courses and will have recommendations.
Go for it, awesome climbing!
 AdrianC 06 Jan 2013
In reply to russtyg: There are three larger guiding companies (Aspiring Guides & Adventure Consultants in Wanaka and Alpine Guides up at Mt Cook) and a few smaller ones like Alpine Recreation in Tekapo and Alpinism & Ski, also in Wanaka. I should say that I work for both Asp Guides and AC. Whichever company you choose, the actual guide you'll have will be one of the same group so you're not going to have such a different experience. The feedback I get from clients with both AC and Asp Guides is that they've had very good, responsive pre-trip service so I'd say get in touch and see who you like the sound of. They'd be happy to tailor something for you or slot you in with others on a skills trip. The weather does what it does but we work pretty hard to keep clients busy with stuff like rock & ice climbing until we can fly in. Drop me a line if you want any more info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...