UKC

Is anyone else sick of the weather?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 YoungYuk 06 Jan 2013
Is anyone else tired of heading out to find entire swathes of boulders soaked to the core in damp even when there has been no rain?! My experience of late is in the Peak District.

Does anyone know what the long term forecasts are for early 2013 and are we going to get some crisp cold weather before the inevitable spring showers?
 Jon Stewart 06 Jan 2013
In reply to YoungYuk:

Yes, I'm sick of the weather, but I've just had 2 days decent climbing so can't grumble too much. If conditions are iffy, go somewhere you know will be dry. In Yorkshire, Almscliff is super-reliable (always windy, dries in seconds) and Shipley Glen is low lying so avoids clag but bits remain damp. Slipstones further north is also great for quick-dryingness.

In the Peak, Rivelin is good when the clad is down and has a small number of excellent problems which dry quickly.

Long term forecasts are useless.
 Fishmate 06 Jan 2013
In reply to YoungYuk:

Indeed. Us poor sods in the south east haven't been able to get on southern sandstone for about three months. The indoor walls are profiting and trips away are being planned. Went out for a run this afternoon and spent much of it weaving around the mud. It will get better.......
 JayK 06 Jan 2013
In reply to YoungYuk:

Gave up on it long ago. Get yourself some plane tickets. Climbing in the UK is overrated anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...