UKC

iPAD mini and word documents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kipper12 08 Jan 2013
I am considering an ipad mini, for a variety of reasons, but it would be useful to be able to read and sometimes edit (though limited) word documents. So, is there an app available, and does anyone have experience of using word on the mini. PS is it possible to read PDF files on the mini.

Thanks
 sleavesley 08 Jan 2013
In reply to kipper12: Yes, should be the same as the ipad. Pages is the app that will convert word and edit it. You'll be able to read it and convert it to word, pdf and pages txt.
ibook stores pdf files.
 Toby_W 08 Jan 2013
In reply to kipper12:

I have a large one ( ) and you can read just about everything in dropbox and I have an app called Cloudon that allows me to edit any office document in the cloud.

Hope that helps.

Toby
OP kipper12 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Toby_W:

Thanks, this is useful
 Stig 09 Jan 2013
In reply to kipper12: just to say that iPad works really well with word docs through Pages and it is easy to export as word docs through the mail programme. It is annoying though that when exporting to Dropbox you can't navigate he folder structure, only export to the main Dropbox folder. It reads PDFs fine and there are apps in which ou can annotate PDFs although I prefer old fashioned hard copies and a pen!

iOS is way better than osx on all this!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...