UKC

Winter Climbing Feb 4th to the 10th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Staples 10 Jan 2013
Hi All,

I have holiday from the 4th to the 10th of Feb and fancied getting out to the mountains to do some winter climbing. I have all the gear (B3 Boots, C2 Crampons, 1 Walking Axe and warm clothing etc...) minus half ropes as I only have a 60m single. I’ve been rock climbing for over a year but really want to get some winter climbing under my belt.

I can drive up to the Lake District from where I live but wondered if anyone is brave enough to go winter climbing with a complete beginner, Even if it is only for a few days?

Even anyone with suggestions of good clubs I can go to would be great info.

Message me if you can.

Thanks All
 Darkskys 10 Jan 2013
In reply to David Staples: if you fancy heading further north I'm taking one of my mates up to Scotland that week for some winter routes W2 / W3 and maybe some walks etc.
Get in touch if you're interested, staying in Kinlochleven too
OP David Staples 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys: That sounds like a plan, I'll see how much is it to get to Scotland from Dorset + a B&B or something and get back to you.
 Tony the Blade 10 Jan 2013
In reply to David Staples:

I'm going to Scotland with a mate, date yet tbc but prob late Feb/early March... however I'll be going from Dorset as well (Christchurch).

Happy to have a tag-along if all else fails for you.
nidge 11 Jan 2013
In reply to David Staples: If you do go to the lakes and the conditions return I'll be there either 6th or 7th or maybe both, I'll check back nearer the 4th to see where you're going
OP David Staples 04 Feb 2013
In reply to nidge: Hi, Are you still planning a trip to the lakes for a couple of days? I have the week off and and will be coming from Dorset so would spend a few days there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...