UKC

Shops in London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gibclimber 12 Jan 2013
Ladies/Gents,

Hello to all, I'm just enquiring - I'm leaving Gibraltar to UK in April, more specificly Gatwick, I'll be staying in Gatwick for a few days, I was wondering if there are any shops around there or even around central London ie: victoria st, picadilly st etc.. where I could catch a train to.

Please I'd appriciate all shops adviced to me.

Ryan
 Dauphin 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber:

No shops in London. Try Birmingham. Never been there but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

D
 deepstar 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber: I`m assuming you mean outdoor/climbing gear shops so Covent Garden is the place to look.
 ClimberEd 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber:

Gatwick for a few days? I would suggest you either avail yourself of somewhere to stay in London, or venture onto Southern Sandstone if the weather has been dry.
 Dauphin 12 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber:

If its gear shops you are after then the ones at the walls are far better than the expensive clothes shops scattered about Covent Garden. Urban Rock at Westway is good, tube station nearby. Not sure about the one at the Castle although it used to be good, again nearby tube stop - Manor House and walk down the hill to it.
OP Gibclimber 13 Jan 2013
Your inputs are superb, please keep them coming. In addition I will be in central london, stopping at picadilly station on one of the days.
 EddInaBox 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber:

There's a Field and Trek on the third floor (if memory serves) mezzanine in Lillywhites' at Piccadilly Circus which has climbing gear, there's also a Cotswold's not far along Piccadilly. Around Covent Garden there's a cluster of shops near the junction of Southampton Street and Maiden Lane, another Field and Trek, Ellis Brigham and Cotswold, on the other side of Covent Garden in Mercer Street there's a Snow and Rock. Field and Trek sometimes have bargains, the others generally don't but you never know.
OP Gibclimber 13 Jan 2013
In reply to EddInaBox: an amazing input cheers on that one! thanks all!
 Robbo1 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Gibclimber: Rock on at Mile End climbing wall is really good - that is where I go to get climbing shoes as they know their stuff and really take the time to help you with getting the right shoe. Probably not worth going if you just want to browse but if you have something in mind then give them a call.
 nufkin 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Robbo1:
> (In reply to Gibclimber) Rock on at Mile End climbing wall is really good - that is where I go to get climbing shoes as they know their stuff and really take the time to help you with getting the right shoe. Probably not worth going if you just want to browse but if you have something in mind then give them a call.

Agreed. If you want proper climber type stuff, Rock On and Urban Rock are for sure the best places to go. Neither is particularly central, though, and unfortunately they are on different sides of the city so shuttling between the two is a bit of a chore.
I think they both have websites, mind, so you could pre-browse from the comfort of your PC before braving the mean streets of east/west London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...