/ Season insurance for Alpine climbing + snowboarding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aki048 - on 12 Jan 2013
Does anyone know of a good alternative to BMC alpine climbing and off piste insurance cover for a season in the French Alps. I'm currently looking at nearly £370 for the season's cover with the BMC, surly there's got to be a cheaper option?
anaesthetic on 12 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048: I seem to recall BMC having very high premiums for the adding snowboarding, would it be cheaper to get the snowboarding bit from a different insurer? TGIC are good for winter sports (ski/boarding) but not sure about a season, up to 31 days inc in an annual policy.
Morgan Woods - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048: check out Austrian Alpine Club.
Rich W Parker - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048:

Snowcard?
aki048 - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods: Good call chief - done deal! BMC are crazy prices - not that I'm going to need another heli rescue anyway;)
ChrisC - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to aki048:
Think AAC isn't any good for a season - check the small print but I think I remember reading that it will only cover you for the first 30(?) days of your season fully then its very much reduced in value.
Martin S-P on 14 Jan 2013 - host-89-242-78-73.as13285.net
il Re on 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Morgan Woods:

I concur, I have the same insurance from Uniqa via the belgian climbing federation ( which is a branch of OEAV). Very good experiences with it so far.
Rockbusters - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to aki048: you can pay membership in Alpenverein (Austrian Alpine Club). You pay around 50€ per year and you have very good insurance for climbing, mountaneering, off piste skiing, ... (exept flying sports)

http://www.alpenverein.at/portal/service/mitgliedschaft/mitgliedervorteile/0100_weltweit_versichert....

office@alpenverein.at

T +43/512/59547
ads.ukclimbing.com
rossn - on 04 Feb 2013
In reply to aki048: Austrian Alpine Club as somebody else said is a good choice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.