UKC

Climbing holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cliffm 13 Jan 2013
I'm looking for about 20 or so varied climbing holds to stick on the side of my house....made of brick!
Has anyone done this.....can give advice what to do ?. What holds,where from how to fix.?..etc. Or am I mad!!
Cheers
Cliffm
 geebus 15 Jan 2013
It might make more sense to make a bit of wood up, then attach that to the wall - maybe with a couple of chains at the top so you can have different angles.

Ok, it's going to cost more than a pack of wall bolts, but you get more flexibility and less questions when you come to sell etc.
 nasher47 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Cliffm:

You'll need to use M10 threaded inserts if you want to go straight into the brickwork. For holds any of the major brands will sell you a decent set or your local wall may let you have some second hand for a small fee. Some companies, like bleaustone for example, make specific training sets for training specific grip types so it really depends on what you're looking for.
alanlgm 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Cliffm:

I have just bought my daughter some climbing holds for christmas , i got her a pack of 10 mini jugs for about £30 i am going to mount them on a piece of 24mm ply ( with extra holes in for versatility) and then use heavy duty bolts to bolt that to the wall

that way i can have 30ish holes for arranging the holds but still only have 4 or 6 holes in my wall.

bought the holds from Mock Rock
 nasher47 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Cliffm:

Don't buy Mock Rock holds- they're rubbish. (Just my opinion mind you!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...