UKC

neighbours have a new dog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 itsThere 14 Jan 2013
So ukc seems to know alot about stuff. I have a shared back garden and the neighbours have a new dog. Its nice and quiet. Every now and then they let it out in the back garden. As ive just seen it go out now, for all of about 5min. It went out and i think went for a poop in the garden. Didnt want to go and check but it looked like it did. Ive not spoken to them yet but if it is going poop is the back garden whats the best way to go about making them clean it up.

In the past they have been very noisey, music at late times ect. 12 on a sunday night. So we stuck a note though their door, telling them to shut up. They didnt do anything. They seem to be quiet now after a sarcastic wireless name. I dont mind music and noise its just it was all the time. They are quiet now, apart from when they come in at 3pm but that cant be helped since old flats are noisey anyway, they are also upstairs. The late music has stopped so its ok. They seem perfectly reasonable, but i want to know where i stand with them if their dog is going poop in the garden.
In reply to itsThere: I would ask them politely to clear up after their dog as it's a shared garden.

If they don't then start posting the poops through the letter box
 gethin_allen 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:
Ask politely first then, are they renting? if so tell them to sort it out or you'll contact the landlord.
 Yanis Nayu 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: You are allowed to pick it up, but as it's their property you will need to post it through their letterbox.
 EeeByGum 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Ask first, then collect said plops and place neatly on their doorstep.
Chateauneuf du Boeuf 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Collect the shit (or any shit) and write your message with it on their front door, with a suitable implement guarding you from the smell. They must know its shitting in the garden. People with dogs need to be taught its their responsibility, i feel this is reasonable and proportionate.
 MHutch 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

Go for the ultimate sanction...change your wireless name again!

And take a dump outside their front door.
OP itsThere 14 Jan 2013
In reply to MHutch: funny thing is since I changed it, they have been ok. I was asking what to do just in case they say no. Oh and it is going for a shit.
 JM 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Buy a packet of 24 Immodium. Open each capsule and mix the contents with 200g of beef mince. Mold the mixture into a firm patty and leave it in the area the dog is pooping. This should solve your problem.
richyfenn 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

The fact the have been receptive to the noise issue without terror, they will likely be receptive to your asking them to clean it up, they probably just haven't given it a thought and need a point in the right direction.

If that fails, fling the pop at any air vents for their flat, preferably a low one so air is drawn in past it.
 ollieollie 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: you could pinch one off yourself on their doorstep under the cover of darkness from time to time until the message is received
Removed User 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

If it was me I think I'd like to quietly walk up behind the dog when it is pooping, and Tazer it, then just quietly walk away. And hey, don't give me any sh1t about it is not the dogs fault, that dog knows it is having a sh1t.

I'm actually a non-aggresive person, and I did say I'd only 'like to'.

To be honest if the neighbours complained I'd Tazer them as well.
 Bimble 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

Could always collect a few of the turds & take them round a neighbourly 'chocolate cream' cake?
In reply to itsThere:
Collect dog turds.
Wrap in newspaper.
Place on their doorstep.
Set fire to newspaper.
Ring their door bell.
Run away.
 Steve John B 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Just speak to them. No notes through the door, no wireless names. Just speak to them.

(Obviously take a tazer and/or dog shit chocolate cake to cover all eventualities)
 cuppatea 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

If they're new to dog ownership and they've been walking it they might not realise it's been using the garden as well as the park for its toilets.
Talking to them is the best bet. And remember it's not the dogs fault.
 aldo56 14 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Dogs don't really like shitting in their own gardens, just like they don't piss in their own bed. Sounds as though they aren't walking it enough if it has to shit in it's own garden.

I'd become friends with the dog and encourage him/her to shit in their flat.
 Alex Slipchuk 14 Jan 2013
In reply to stroppygob: +1 but don't run away, just stand there, nonchalantly, cleaning your nails with a bayonet.
 happy_c 14 Jan 2013
In reply to aldo56:
> (In reply to itsThere) Dogs don't really like shitting in their own gardens, just like they don't piss in their own bed. Sounds as though they aren't walking it enough if it has to shit in it's own garden.
>
> I'd become friends with the dog and encourage him/her to shit in their flat.

Tell that to my daft dog! he doesnt like to shit on walks, too exited playing fetch! ALthough we have a pretty damn big garden, so i think there ok with that maybe?

In reply to the OP, has it actually taken a shit? My dog sometimes looks like his shitting when hes not, as do female dogs? if the dog has, talk to them nicely about it, im sure they where 'just letting out for a wee' and the dog had other ideas!
 timjones 15 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

Notes through the door and sarcastic wireless names!

Have you ever considered talking to your neighbours?
 SAF 15 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: Do you know if they might have been out at a later point when you weren't closely monitoring the situation, and done the right thing and cleaned it up?
 jkarran 15 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere:

You say they're perfectly reasonable... So speak to them.
jk
Chateauneuf du Boeuf 15 Jan 2013
In reply to jkarran: Jeez whats with all these silly talk to them responses. Dog owners are hardly reasonable people, they buy animal accessories to keep them company, then arrogantly let them shit everywhere covering paths, parks and pavements with shit.

they are obviously not reasonable people.
OP itsThere 15 Jan 2013
In reply to SAF: Didnt think of that, will give it till tonight and then go talk to them. This is why i ask on UKC. I was also asking in case they say no when i talk to them. I like to cover all my bases.
 thin bob 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Chateauneuf du Boeuf:
> (In reply to jkarran) Jeez whats with all these silly talk to them responses. Dog owners are hardly reasonable people, they buy animal accessories to keep them company, then arrogantly let them shit everywhere covering paths, parks and pavements with shit.
>
> they are obviously not reasonable people.

cat owners are worse. their animals kill birds, frogs etc and they don't even try to collect outdoor doings.

Gorilla & lion owners...well, they can do whatever they want, I'm not stupid...
In reply to Steve John B:
> (Obviously take a tazer and/or dog shit chocolate cake to cover all eventualities)

I think you underestimate the smell a cooked dog egg could make in both preparation of cake batter and eventual cooking of turd confection, both in your kitchen. I suspect your partner would have an issue with this.

I therefore propose an alternative. Mix said canine defecus with corned beef and put in a pie. Considering the stuff starts off like its been passed through someone already, nobody would be the wiser.
Jim C 15 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: You could put little flags in showing the location so no one steps on them.

They might get the message
 Queenie 16 Jan 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Very very cute, and slightly wire-haired? What make are they?
redsonja 16 Jan 2013
In reply to itsThere: i live in a shared house and we have had problems in the past with noise and people leaving the kitchen filthy. our landylady sometimes deals with it (which they could do if the property is rented). otherwise contact environmental health. but try to speak to them first
In reply to Queenie:
> (In reply to stroppygob)
>
> Very very cute, and slightly wire-haired? What make are they?

Jack Russell x Fox Terriers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...