UKC

Any club recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stellafan 15 Jan 2013
So ive been looking into joining a club, ive been meaning to do for the past few years but never got round to it (or plucked up the courage!). Im looking for like minded chilled out people i don't really climb for grade glory not my thing i just enjoy being out an about an having a laugh and an adventure once or twice a year!. im north west based near Bury so was looking at Bury, Bolton, rucksack club, Lancashire mountaineering club etc. so any thoughts, experiences or recommendations?
 EeeByGum 15 Jan 2013
In reply to stellafan: Why not pop along to a wall meet and see for yourself? At the end of the day it comes down to personalities so a club that is good for one person may not suit another.
 sarahjk 15 Jan 2013
In reply to stellafan:

Preston MC is a pretty chilled lot, usually at Westview Thursday and some Tuesday evenings.

Come and say Hi
stellafan 15 Jan 2013
In reply to EeeByGum: yeah that was kind of my plan to pop in a few places an say hi, cheers for advice
stellafan 15 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: sounds good not been to westview either so gives me a reason to pop in! cheers
 Rog Wilko 15 Jan 2013
In reply to stellafan: Lancs Caving & Climbing Club is probably the most active club in the NW and welcomes all types of climber. The club dates back to 1936 and was open to both sexes from the start. We are a friendly non-sexist and non-elitist club with a good number of women members. We have two huts and meets every week. At present mid week meets are indoors.
We have plenty of foreign meets - Dolomites next month, south of France in March, for example.

Our web site is currently being up-graded, but still worth a look
http://www.lancashirecavingandclimbingclub.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_...
Prospective members are welcome to join a meet or two as a guest if they wish.

Hope this is of help.

Rog

PS not all members as old as me - good range of ages.
stellafan 15 Jan 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko: cheers Rog i apprieate the info, quite like the idea of a club with history to it
 tetley 16 Jan 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:
Is that like Carlsberg ...probably ....
The Rucksack Club is Manchester Based, formed 1902 and
"We are privileged to have the what is probably the biggest and most varied programme of meets of any British mountaineering club."....more Carlsberg please!
Anyway, in reply to Stella, check out our web/facebook sites, we meet every Wed at Manch wall (1st and 3rd Wed of month) or Stkprt wall (2nd and 4th Weds).
May see you there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...