UKC

TDF 2014 Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dale1968 17 Jan 2013
at least their passing through Keighley, (at speed)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21056721
 Guy 17 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968: I was hoping they would take in the N York Moors. I guess I will cycle up from Nottingham with a bivi bag and then cycle back via Sheffield. Should be a fun weekend!
 Tall Clare 17 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Sounds like it'll be coming past the end of my road
 Chris the Tall 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to dale1968)
>
> Sounds like it'll be coming past the end of my road

And coming to Sheffield - when I'll be in the Lakes
Looks like a day trip to Hawes will be on the cards - which also means I can stock up on cheese

Interesting that theres no prologue
 The New NickB 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Coming within 5 miles of me as well, dont tell anyone but it actually comes in to Lancashire for about a half mile. My boss had to write to them and promise to resurface the road, so I have known it was a possibility for about six weeks.
 MHutch 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Trying to work out where to take the kids to watch it!
 MHutch 17 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
>
> Coming within 5 miles of me as well, dont tell anyone but it actually comes in to Lancashire for about a half mile. My boss had to write to them and promise to resurface the road, so I have known it was a possibility for about six weeks.

Does that mean I won't be able to drive up Wharfedale for all the resurfacing work in early 2014?
 john arran 17 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

I feel like I'm missing out in that I'll need to go all of about 15 miles to see it - and that's in France!

Likely to be one of the few genuinely critical stages of the tour though - big climbs in the Pyrenees and a steep uphill finish - so I'm not exactly complaining.
In reply to MHutch:
> (In reply to The New NickB)
> [...]
>
> Does that mean I won't be able to drive up Wharfedale for all the resurfacing work in early 2014?

I can only comment on the section of the B6138 from Mythenroyd that connects to the A58 at Blackstone Edge, but it would seem likely that most of the roads involved will be having some sort of work done to them.
 Tall Clare 17 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

Oo, that's a grind - up past Cragg Vale?
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to The New NickB)
>
> Oo, that's a grind - up past Cragg Vale?

Yes, they wanted to include that climb, longest continuous climb in England I am told.
 Steve Waddell 17 Jan 2013
Looks like Cav managed to swing a Harrogate finish. Yellow jersey in his mum's home town?
 soularch 17 Jan 2013
In reply to manstiggy: Harrogate finish should be great, will need to get there early!
 Hat Dude 17 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Looks like they'll be going over Buttertubs; bet they go up and down it just a little bit faster than me!
In reply to Tall Clare:
Trying to work out what they going to do in Sheffield - looks like they come into Oughtibridge, up the steep hill south of Wharncliffe, through Grenoside and on towards a finish in Tinsley.

The hill might make for a interesting race, but it's hardly showing off the nicest bits of the city !!
Rigid Raider 17 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

They're going to close the A59! The mind boggles.

Well at least local cyclists will benefit for several years afterwards from all the resurfacing that will have to be carried out.
fxceltic 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to Tall Clare)
> [...]
>
> And coming to Sheffield - when I'll be in the Lakes
> Looks like a day trip to Hawes will be on the cards - which also means I can stock up on cheese
>
> Interesting that theres no prologue

you already know where you will be in the summer of 2014? That is some serious organisation!

In reply to fxceltic:
Wife's family has 2 weeks at Langdale timeshare - it's the reason I married her !!
fxceltic 17 Jan 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: figured it must be something like that, fair enough!
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Rolling road block, it's usually about an hour or so, maybe a bit more to allow the advertising caravan to pass through. A typical road accident will close a road for far longer.

ALC
 GrahamD 18 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Its coming to Cambridge and possibly close to us ! brilliant news

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...