UKC

NEW ARTICLE: TRIP REPORT: QUBMC 2012 Kyrgyzstan Expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 18 Jan 2013
Not a summit? Not a problem. Azwan enjoys the view at the top of our last route., 3 kbIn this trip report we hear about the 2012 summer QUBMC (Queen's University Belfast Mountaineering Club) & Alumni and company expedition to Western Kokshaal-Too, Tian-Shan, Kyrgyzstan, South East (Naryn Oblast).

"To our disappointment, there was no summit. We had finally topped out from the still air of that wonderfully shaded and completely Baltic couloir into the warm morning sunshine, and significantly less-than-warm mountain breeze. The pile of rubble we had topped out onto was a toothed ridge which split exactly into three at this very point..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5209

IamJam 18 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: About time you guys got a report on UKC about this.
 Hannes 18 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: Looks like it went well then! Good job bagging so many routes

Sasha is a legend, here he is pretending to be a wheel http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannesgranberg/6543079523/in/set-7215763076228...
 gilmour_789 18 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Articles: That's a great photo! Some other great photos too. Where were taken? I guess somewhere in the Tien Shan
 RKernan 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Hannes:
Cheers Hannes, we were reasonably lucky with conditions.
Sasha is indeed a legend, quite the character! Most dependable man on the planet. We were glad we didn't have the UAZ, no idea how you managed to get that across any rivers - the URAL we ended up with got stuck halfway across a river at one point.
Gilmour, excellent trolling. Also find that memory card.
Fantastic work guys. I remember you saying you were heading over to do some climbing but i didn't imagine anything of this scale. Well done!
Glenn
 KCheung 21 Jan 2013
Nice write up. It sounds very Alek-esque.
 Dim Dringo 23 Jan 2013
In reply to RKernan:Sasha obviously makes a habit of this. We spent 5 hrs digging our KAMAS out of a river in 2011! Report brings back happy memories. NARYN - what a beautiful place!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...