UKC

Chocolate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blizzard 18 Jan 2013
How do you give it up, when it simply tastes, soooo good?
 Denni 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

I am on a "just have one normal sized bar of chocolate on Sunday for a treat" mission for 2013. Suffice to say it's killing me!

Especially as I got a mahoooosive box of Montezumas mixed chocolate bars for chrimbo and they are just too bloody good. But, I'm doing well as I did eat too much las year
 ThunderCat 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:
> How do you give it up, when it simply tastes, soooo good?

You could gorge yourself stupid on it until you feel like throwing up, and then eat some more until you do throw up, and then eat just a little bit more.

Bet that will put you off it for a little while

Tend to work with me for alcohol.
 Keendan 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

As my mummy says,
If you don't put in your basket you won't eat it!

I limit myself to one piece of chocolate if a friend passes round some.

As mentioned above, the hard bit is when you are given multiple boxes at Christmas. I've been using the leftover as workout motivation. Only eat it if you've honestly worked hard enough :P I think I've got my money's worth from one small piece when I always feel I didn't quite try hard enough to deserve it!
 Jim Fraser 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

Don't give up, just modify your tastes. Plain chocolate can be an acquired taste for many but it is offically health food these days so it's worth the effort.
 Jim Fraser 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

Bars of 85% cocoa Ghanaian in the Co-op for 62p! Yum.
 Pompey 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

i tried giving up cadbury's once but my colleagues got so sick of my withdrawal misery (admittedly in combo with PMT it really wasn't pretty...)that they bought me a massive bar of dairy milk and begged me to eat the lot. i now consider that it would be utterly irresponsible and inconsiderate of me to risk causing those i care about any further such stress or unhappiness and so reluctantly continue to munch my way through those Dairy Milks and Double Deckers...
 Kelcat 18 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard: my wife used to eat a bar of chocolate a day for the first 22 years I knew her (fortunately for me she also excercised!), then last year she read an article in the Times about the forced child labour (slavery) that is endemic in the production of chocolate & pretty much overnight gave it up as she just couldn't enjoy it anymore (there's loads of good documentaries on the web about it too). Despite legislated agreements to end the practise by 2005, then 2008 then 2010 nothing has been done. Most of the so called fairtrade chocolate is actually owned by company's that still produce other brands reliant on child labour.
In reply to Blizzard:
Go and get your foot tickled by a Reflexologist. Apparently, one of the side effects of Reflexology can be changing your food tastes.
abseil 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:
> How do you give it up, when it simply tastes, soooo good?

This problem is easily solved. D-O-N'-T G-I-V-E I-T U-P.

(Signed
Dr Abseil, Ph.D. in Nutrition and Cocoa Studies)
needvert 19 Jan 2013
In reply to abseil:

serious about the PhD bit?

I eat a fair amount of 70-85% cocoa chocolates, I suspect most of the badness in chocolate is the sugar and the goodness in the cocoa,hence darker the better!

White chocolate on the other hand is a travesty.
abseil 19 Jan 2013
In reply to needvert:
> (In reply to abseil)
>
> serious about the PhD bit?

Errr no, sorry... bad joke. The Ph.D. topic sounds convincing though??
 Jonny2vests 19 Jan 2013
In reply to abseil:

At least it's not as addictive as Halva.

Dr J2V
 ThunderCat 19 Jan 2013
In reply to I like climbing:
> (In reply to Blizzard)
> Go and get your foot tickled by a Reflexologist. Apparently, one of the side effects of Reflexology can be changing your food tastes.

I've been hunting around for scientific evidence to support that claim and I'm screwed if I can find any...
 cat88 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard: carob chocolate is pretty tasty without a lot of the naughtiness of regular chocolate
Sarah G 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:
Simples.

You don't.

Sx
 Scramblemad 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard: Eat some fruit instead! Maybe I should take my own advice!
ice.solo 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Blizzard:

Restrict yourself to belgian.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...