UKC

Snow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kipper 19 Jan 2013
We don't cope with it very well in the UK (Scotland?) do we -

"A planned World Snow Day event at the Glenshee Ski Centre on Sunday has been cancelled."

"The Lecht ski centre in Strathdon, Aberdeenshire, was closed on Saturday due to heavy snow on the access roads."
 Alan M 19 Jan 2013
In reply to Kipper:

If im being honest we dont deal with it as bad as people try to make out. Heavy falling snow causes trouble in any country. We may not have things fully open as fast as places that deal with regular snowfall etc or have the full range of snow clearing equipment as say the Scandinavian counties, but...why do we need too? Our dusturbances are short and sharp theirs are prolonged. Better to just suck it up for a few days each year.

From the travelling ive done I personally don't think we do too bad. Try a Spanish city if you want to see chaos worse than us. Also, ive seen cities like Amsterdam grind to a halt with a couple of inches of snow I was there just before Christmas and witnessed it for about the 3rd time. I think we just like to moan a lot in this country.
In reply to Kipper:
I find this in bloody poor taste the day 4 people die in an avalanche!
 Kimono 20 Jan 2013
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:
really?
 xplorer 20 Jan 2013
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

Don't be melodramatic. You have no right in bringing that subject up. This has nothing to do with what happend yesterday.
 dale1968 20 Jan 2013
In reply to xplorer: Well put
 mark s 20 Jan 2013
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale: in which city was that?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...