UKC

sledging in lancashire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan wisey 20 Jan 2013
Hello, my young cousin is wanting to go sledging today if possible. I know that there is very little cover up towards the Lakes, but how about East Lancashire, Beacon Fell or Longridge? If anyone lives over that way and could let me know of any areas in particular and if there is enough snow on the ground I would be very grateful.

Cheers Dan
ice.solo 20 Jan 2013
In reply to dannyW:

i thought this was going to be about harassing the local cricket team.

hope you find some snow.
OP dan wisey 20 Jan 2013
In reply to ice.solo: Cheers, to be honest I`m not bowled over (oh no!) by my chances...
 sarahjk 20 Jan 2013
In reply to dannyW:

I live in Longridge and ran on the fell yesterday, only a thin coating of snow, lots of grass and stuff showing through. You 'could' sled on it, but not sure how much fun it would be. Surrounding area is all about the same. Dont know of any little pockets either. Some friends went up onto Parlick yesterday and had a pretty wild time, so if young cousin is old enough and up to the hike and steep hillside crashes it would be fun !

As an aside; Craig y Longridge had lots of ice forming in the seepage, but we didnt have axes with us to swing at it !
 JR 20 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

Please don't give people ideas of "winter climbing" at CyL we've had enough of that at Denham and Millstone.
OP dan wisey 21 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: Thanks Sarah, did manage to find a little snow accross the river behind the Inn at Whitewell.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...