UKC

Piz Badile - Saas Fura and the way back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Petar Samkov 20 Jan 2013
Hi guys
Im planing to spend some time around Sas Fura hut this summer.I've already been on the PIz Badile and I remember very well decsent to Gianetti hut and then the long way down to the Val de Masino followed by bus ,train and second bus to rich Bondo and our car.
I know there is a "easy" way to get back to Sas Fura from Gianetti via some path ( with possible ice parts ).
So I'll be very happy if someone can give me a description about thet rout.

Thanks
 LucaC 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Petar Samkov: It's the Trubinasca pass via the Porcelano pass (not sure on spellings). From the gianetti you head north following the red and white painted marks up to the first saddle. It's then down the pass which is horrible scree on an old dry glacier, only sparse paint and cairns, up the other side, down again, then up to the Trubinasca. Better markings and some chains to follow up and down here. It's then a 1-2 hour walk back to the Sasc Fur but. Total walk time for us was about 8 hours taking it leisurely after a hard day before hand. I would get a friend to drive us home next time!
 LucaC 20 Jan 2013
In reply to LJC: It's marked on the map of the Badile area, no ice in Aug '12 when we did it, but I could see that could be a problem in some years. No need for any ice tools, but poles are good (if you don't snap them...).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...