UKC

Mix and Matching "Systems"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KellyKettle 21 Jan 2013
I'm a dedicated buffalo user, but I'm having issues with the pack size of my belay jacket (it's actually one of the parkas, which doesn't help matters, even if it is crazy warm)...

My friend has a Paramo Torres Jacket, which packs way smaller and still delivers a lot of warmth and breathability... Though, if I'm honest I'm struggling to see if the Paramo system offers that much more than any other synthetic-fill jacket (in which case there are many more options to consider).

Moreover, realistically am I going to notice the difference between the DP system and any other overlayering option... I don't expect any of them to be quite so warm as the PolarTherm in the parka, but neither will they be anywhere near as bulky.
 TrevorWells 21 Jan 2013
In reply to KellyKettle:

I use the Montane Flux Jacket. Greart belay jacket and packs away really small. Syththetic fill so still works even when wet.

Go Outdoors have the Montane North Star or Black Ice. Check them out too.
In reply to KellyKettle:

I don't think the Torres is any different to any other synthetic duvet jacket. Maybe the gilet and the removable sleeves combo; that's unique to Paramo, I think.

A synthetic duvet is likely to be warmer for weight and bulk than another DP layer, but is unlikely to last as long, as the filling will degrade.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...