UKC

Winnats pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy wa 21 Jan 2013
Does anyone know of a topo or info for mixed routes in winnats pass?
 EricH 21 Jan 2013
In reply to andy wa:

I soloed Elbow ridge in winter conditions by headtorch a couple of years ago. It was easy and enjoyable after the first tower, which was worrying in the dark - loose snow on compact limestone. Not sure a rope would have made any difference.

The ridges don't hold snow as well as you might expect and you'd want properly frozen turf, but they are good-looking 'mountaineering' lines by Peak standards...
 Ander 21 Jan 2013
In reply to andy wa: What do you mean by "mixed routes"?

If you mean Elbow Ridge, Matterhorn Ridge, etc, then look at the photos on here- I think some might be under 'Mam Tor'.

They're pretty obvious, tbh.
OP andy wa 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Ander: Have driven down there this morning and there looks like some potential gully lines and many other mixed lines, plenty of potential that wouldnt be to much fun in summer. I have done Elbow ridge and the matterhorn ridge is on the to do list.
 xplorer 21 Jan 2013
In reply to andy wa:

I defiantly think there's potential for some new routes, trad, winter, sport, dry tooling and probably bouldering.

I'd be up for taking a look at the area, I was around the area yesterday checking it out. Got a few ideas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...