UKC

SWISS vignette

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ricardo Cassim 22 Jan 2013
Has anyone got one of these tax discs that will be valid for march 2013. Dont mind paying a few quid but trying to avoid paying the €35 charge.
Im flying in and out of Geneve but traveling in france hence only need it to get in/out of the airport!

PS - sorry for repost but not sure where is best forum for this!?
 Carless 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim:

If you're not in too much of a hurry, it's possible to avoid the CH motorway via centre of Geneva direction Annemasse (assuming towards Cham)

GPS recommended - getting lost is easy
 Blinder 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: I asume you are hiring a car from the French side then?
 MG 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: This should help - there is no need to go into Switzerland at all, and if you do no need to use a motorway. As above, a GPS will make for a more relaxing holiday.

http://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/publications/af.pdf
 Neil Williams 22 Jan 2013

The airport has access from France as well, it straddles the border.

Neil
 jon 22 Jan 2013

Jeez, just pay 40CHF and use as much Swiss autoroute as you want. It's just not worth the hassle and time trying to avoid it.
 Carless 22 Jan 2013
In reply to jon:

Agree that lots of people make amazing amounts of fuss about the CH vignette when it's very good value (it's cheaper over 1 single journey for me via CH than via France)

but if he's literally just using it for airport to France and back only one this year, 40CHF is a bit pricey
MaxWilliam 22 Jan 2013

Vignettes are not transferable, the fine is high!
 jon 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Carless:

He should drive through the centre of Geneva then and join the French autorout directly. Easy when you know the way. Not when you don't!
 Ben Briggs 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: Driving from the airport into france you can go the normal way without one and never get stopped. Then driving back the other way take an earlier exit for Geneva Vallard and follow signs to the airport. If your flying in would a rental car not have one though?
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: Swiss rental cars come with a vignette so what's the issue?
 k.shark 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: Buy vignette but tape it to window do not peel off backing paper overhead scanner can still read it,when you come home sell it on here . I did this last year but gave it away free on here ,dont get caught without one .
 colinakmc 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Ricardo Cassim: I hired from the french side a couplle of years ago and drove straight out to Annecy, never needed the vignette cos I didn't actually use any Swiss roads. Maybe your hirer could reassure you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...