UKC

Cold Thistle hammer on Nomic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 23 Jan 2013
Hi

I recently bought a Cold Thistle hammer with the intention of fitting it to one of my Nomics. Basically, it doesn't fit - the 'instep' that is cut into the hammer is does not go far enough back to accommodate the instep that is cut into the pick. This means that you cannot align the pick and the hammer in the head of the tool.

I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that these hammers were 'universally' compatible with the likes of the Nomic and Quark, as long as the pick had the instep cut into it to accept a hammer.

Any thoughts? I've not managed to get hold of Dane yet...

Cheers,

Si
 steveej 23 Jan 2013
In reply to siwithington: is it the old or new style pick?
OP Si Withington 23 Jan 2013
In reply to steveej: 12 months old, ish
 edinburgh_man 23 Jan 2013
In reply to siwithington:

If you read Dane's site / or the CT Hammer sale site it does (did) tell you that you will need to make a slight modification to fit the hammer.

I had to do it on mine, it took me 5 mins with a file.

How old is your Hammer? Dane has just started making a new version (version 4?) of the CT Hammer which requires no modification to fit either the Nomic or Quark.

Let me know if you have any probs and I'll send you a pic of what I had to do.

Cheers
OP Si Withington 23 Jan 2013
In reply to 7bforever:

Cheers, I'll look for the info on the site. Not sure how old the hammer is, I bought it off here the other day.

Would be cool if you could send me a pic of what you had to do.

Many thanks,

Si
 cliff shasby 23 Jan 2013
In reply to siwithington: u must have an old version,the mod required should be easy to find on ct...
 ColdWill 23 Jan 2013
In reply to siwithington: If you have this version;
http://coldthistletools.blogspot.ca/search?q=pick+modification
you will need to modify the pick by taking the appropriate amount off the back edge of the pick with a hand file. Or you could try filing the opposite edge on the hammer but good luck with that.
OP Si Withington 08 Feb 2013
In reply to siwithington:

Belated thanks to all. Looks like I need to get the file out. Ta.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...