UKC

La Sportiva Nepal GTX Evo Extremes - Odd Sizings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trish Darling 25 Jan 2013
Has anyone else out there had problems sizing their women's La Sportiva Nepal GTX's?

I am now on my 3rd pair (don't even go there!! I started off with a 40H, which seemed far too large for my normal size 4 feet (size 5 in an outdoor shoe/boot) I felt like I was walking in clown shoes and this felt very unnerving when walking in to, and off mountains - but fine with crampon on. 39's are way too small - walking in is ok, but kicking-in is painful. Having bought another pair (Ebay thankfully, though another £200 down the swanny) they appear to be ok - though this weekend will hopefully be the first proper trial. It's always the kicking-in and walking off that you need the room for. So, IMHO, ladies, AS A GUIDE if you are (normally) a UK size 3 you are probably better off with a 39, if you are a 3.5, go for a 39.5, if you're a 4, go for a 40, if you're a 4.5 - 40H etc... These sizes are based on your normal shoe, not outdoor shoe (if you find there's a difference). But even better advice is try them on and take out the foot bed and make sure you have a good 3/4 of an inch space at the end of the boot.

I know someone else will probably respond crapping on what I've said, but this is my experience - and a costly one at that - nothing beats trying stuff on, but I spent ages trying on my 40H's, spent £375.00 on them too, only to find they were just too big...

Good luck!

Tish
 martinph78 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Trish Darling:

I have found that I had to go 2 sizes larger with the Nepal Extremes. Go Outdoors are very helpful for trying on boots

OP Trish Darling 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Martin1978: Glad I'm not the only one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...