UKC

Top lower grade areas in Fontainebleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 teapot 26 Jan 2013
I am taking a school trip to Bleau this Easter. Only 6 students all aged 16-18. I try to visit a few new locations each year. 4 of the 6 have been with me before, and for one lad its his 3rd trip with me. They climb grades 3 to 6b mainly

Places that we have done (many will be visited again this year of course)
Cuvier, Apremont, Franchard Isitis, Buthier, Elephant, Sabot, Cul de Chien, Bois Rond, Diplodicus

Handy if it is not too easy to get lost (not me, the students). I tend to avoid/ take extra care at Apremont for this reason. Also generally nice landings and not too high ball is good too.

Someone last year recommended Cache aux Merciers, but we never made it there. So that spot will be high on the list.

Any other special areas that we should explore?
 Doug 26 Jan 2013
In reply to teapot: surprised you've not been to Rocher Canon, Beauvais is worth a visit as well
 fried 26 Jan 2013
In reply to teapot:

Plus 95.2, Rocher fin, Rocher du Potala to name a few.
 JIMBO 26 Jan 2013
In reply to teapot: Rocher des potets is a good place to start. A good varied couple of circuits. Very quiet so no embarrassment factor and low flat landings. Not far from harder things so a good warm up place for both the body and mind.
OP teapot 26 Jan 2013
In reply to teapot:

Cheers all. I will investigate those 6 spots and definitely include a few of them this year. I am pretty sure I have been to Canon myself before and do like 95.2, but remember finding it rather crimpy and sharp, although that is probably as I was trying only the harder problems. I remember it being a great spot.

What are your favourite problems at those 6 places?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...